Sunday, December 9, 2012

#749: Carrot Salad


I made this recipe to eat with my lunches last week.  It is SO easy to put together and the mint gives it a really nice refreshing flavor.  You have to like mint though if you're going to enjoy this.  You can definitely taste it in there.  This recipe came from a new magazine I was introduced to (Chop Chop) which is intended for kids.  I can tell you my kids wouldn't even try this and they like carrots.  :( The recipe also says this would be good in a taco...I have to disagree.  I don't want mint flavored carrots in my taco!

3 large carrots (scrubbed well or peeled)
1⁄2 lime (zested and juiced)
1 teaspoon honey
1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
1⁄3 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped)

Grate the carrots on the large holes of the box grater.

Stir in the lime juice and zest, honey, salt, mint, and peanuts. Taste the salad and add more of whatever you think it needs.  Serve right away or store, covered in the refrigerator, up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment