Wednesday, January 31, 2018

#2,064: Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore

It was one of those days where I wasn't totally sure what I wanted to make for dinner because I didn't have any definite plans (a lot of times I do).  I knew I wanted to make something ridiculously easy, and I had some chicken thighs in my freezer, so I figured I'd do a quick search for something...and something that would go well with pasta as a side dish. Enter this recipe!  It was so simple, and I literally had all of the ingredients on hand.  Well I didn't have any mushrooms on hand, but my husband wouldn't want them in this dish anyways.  
I love recipes when dinner is in the crockpot and cooking within minutes!  That was definitely this recipe! 

Overall, my family really did enjoy this meal...there weren't any leftovers, so that's always a great sign!  The chicken was tender and moist, and I'd make this again. Although I was the only one who ate it on top of pasta...everyone else ate it on the side, and Allison put it into a little roll to make a chicken sandwich.  To each his own!  

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms 
(I omitted)
1/2 yellow onion, minced
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced 
(I didn't have green on hand, so I used red bell pepper)
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) 

Place chicken in a slow cooker; stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cover. Cook on Low until chicken is tender, 6 to 8 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment