Sunday, January 7, 2018

#2,053: Low Carb Taco Breakfast Bowl

I never ever thought I would like this recipe as much as I did!  It was so simple, definitely low carb, and quite filling.  I just used some leftover taco meat and mixed it with frozen riced cauliflower.  I let it heat up in a skillet, and then added the rest of the ingredients as directed, and eventually just scrambled it all together. This was ready in no time.  I could easily make this before school/work during the week....if I really wanted to.  :) 

The recipe below is for one serving: 


1/4 pound lean ground beef
1/2 tbsp keto taco seasoning (I used low sodium taco seasoning) 
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup cauliflower riced
1 tbsp cilantro chopped
1/2 tsp ghee
1-2 eggs beaten
sea salt and pepper to taste

In a large skillet, brown ground beef and remove any fat that renders as it cooks. Add in your taco seasoning and water. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes.

Push the taco meat over to the side of the skillet and add the riced cauliflower, cilantro, and salt in the open space. Cook the cauliflower for 3 to 4 minutes, then push it to the side to make room for the scrambled egg. If you don't have a large enough skillet, grab a separate pan to scramble the eggs.


Melt ghee and pour in the beaten egg. Whisk the egg and shake the skillet as it cooks to break up the curd. Once the egg scrambles to your liking, mix it in with the rest of the dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment