Sunday, January 7, 2018

#2,048: Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Baguette

So I found a recipe online for these stuffed baguettes, and really wanted to try them, but I didn't love the filling that the original recipe suggested/used.  So I went in search of another dip/filling that I could use instead.  We LOVED these bacon cheddar stuffed baguettes!  I thought they were going to be challenging to fill, but it really wasn't.  I made 2 baguettes with this filling recipe and my family ate all of them on Christmas eve.  (I should clarify that my extended family devoured these...although I did eat my fair share!) 

2 8oz packages of cream cheese (low fat works fine), softened
1 single packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 cup finely shredded cheese
1/2 cup crumbled bacon (I used bacon bits)
I also added some sliced green onion
French baguette loaf

Mix together the softened cream cheese and ranch dressing mix.  Stir until thoroughly combined. Fold in the shredded cheese, bacon, and green onion.  Chill at least 12-24 hours so the flavors combine. 

A few hours before serving, using a long thin knife and working from both ends, hollow the baguette. Leave about ½-inch thick crust all around. (I thought this was going to be really difficult, but I just cut my loaf in half and then hollowed out each half.  It wasn't hard at all)

Working again from both ends, fill the baguette with the cream cheese mixture. Pack the filling tight.  Wrap the stuffed baguette very well in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours and up to two days. Right before serving (I did it about a good hour ahead of time), slice the baguette into ½-inch thick slices and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment