Saturday, January 20, 2018

#2,058: Blueberry Zucchini Oat Bars with Lemon Glaze

I had both blueberries and shredded zucchini in my freezer that I wanted to use up, so I figured this would be the perfect recipe to use them with.  I made these bars for my kids for breakfast...although they loved them as a dessert as well! These were a big hit, and I'd definitely make this again.  I still have frozen blueberries, so zucchini might go on my grocery list for next week!

1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large bananas)
1/3 cup maple syrup (I used agave)
1/4 cup oil (coconut or canola work well)
1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt (I used heavy cream)
1 large egg
2 cups old fashioned oats (I ground mine up so they were a little less noticeable)
1 cup white whole wheat flour (I used all purpose)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 large zucchini)
1 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, maple syrup, oil, yogurt, and egg until well combined.

Add oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and stir until combined.  Fold in zucchini and blueberries.

Pour into prepared pan. Bake 38-40 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick comes out of the center clean.  Cool.

I then made a powder sugar glaze using about 1 heaping cup of powder sugar, 5 drops of Young Living Lemon Vitality Essential Oil (you could use lemon juice if you don't have it), and a bit of milk to thin it out.  I poured that over the bars....my kids loved it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment