Saturday, January 20, 2018

#2,057: Crockpot Sweet Potatoes

I have been following the Six Sister's Stuff website/blog/facebook group for a long time now.  The other day I saw a video they posted to make sweet potatoes in the crockpot.  It was so stupidly easy, and I happened to have 2 sweet potatotes needing to be cooked on my counter.  They turned out perfectly soft!  I could have cut them up and eaten them as shown above, but I slipped the skins off and mashed mine up to make a healthy sweet potato casserole.  SOOOO simple.  Better yet, I used my Smart Wifi Light Switch and turned my crockpot on from the doctor's office! 

All you have to do is wash 2-4 sweet potatoes as you normally would, then stick them into the crockpot still damp (don't dry them off after washing).  I also added about 1/4 cup of water to the bottom just in case.  :)  Cover and turn on low for 5-6 hours.  You don't have to poke the sweet potatoes with a fork before cooking either! 

That's it!  They were perfectly cooked!  

No comments:

Post a Comment