Sunday, January 7, 2018

#2,052: Slow Cook Mongolian Beef

I am very picky beef eater.  LOL  It has to be perfectly cooked (i.e. totally well-done), and it can't be fatty or chewy, and it can't be too thick.  Friends of ours gave us some flank steak and I was honestly scared to cook it.  So I let it almost thaw, and then (when still a bit frozen) I cut it into thin strips. 

Let me say, I LOVED this recipe.  I threw some frozen broccoli in about an hour before I was going to serve it (much to the displeasure of my husband LOL).  We served this over rice, and I added some crispy chinese noodles...fantastic! 

1 ½ pounds Flank Steak
¼ cups cornstarch
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
½ teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
¾ cups Soy Sauce
¾ cups Water
¾ cups Brown Sugar
1 cup grated Carrots
green onions, for garnish

Cut flank steak into thin strips. In a ziplock bag add flank steak pieces and cornstarch. Shake to coat.

Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and carrots to slow cooker. Stir ingredients. Add coated flank steak and stir again until coated in the sauce.


Cook for high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours until cooked throughout and tender (I think I cooked mine on high for closer to 4-5 hours). Can serve over rice and garnish with green onions.

1 comment: