Sunday, October 4, 2015

#1,636: Easy Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese

It always amazes me when I expect the kids to like a recipe and Brian to reject it...but here's another case of kids loved it/Brian liked it.  Really?!?!  I thought my kids would really enjoy this one, but if it doesn't come out of a box and full of all artifical ingredients, I guess it's not for them.  

Regardless, although I thought this was slightly under seasoned, it was still good and I'm glad at least Brian liked it.  

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
1 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese (I used 8 oz of Italian Blend since it has fontina and provolone in it (see next ingredient below)...as well as some other cheeses) :) 
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese (I omitted)

Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine soup, milk, sour cream, butter and seasonings; cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended. Stir in cheeses until melted.

Drain macaroni; transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cheese mixture. Cook, covered, on low 1-2 hours or until heated through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment