Sunday, October 4, 2015

#1,638: Cranberry Brussels sprouts


Oh how I love brussel sprouts.  This was even my dinner tonight I enjoyed it that much!  I need to go back to the store and get some more sprouts now though because I ate the whole bag in 2 days!

1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons water
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

I roasted these in the oven instead...because that's how I love my brussel sprouts.  Then when they were done cooking I added the dried cranberries and pecans and warmed it up in the oven for about 5 minutes.  I then took it out of the oven and added a splash of balsamic.  Delicious. 

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place Brussels sprouts in pan, cut side down; cook 4-5 minutes or until bottoms are browned.

Add cranberries and water; cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are crisp-tender. Stir in walnuts; cook and stir until water is evaporated. Stir in vinegar. Yield: 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment