Saturday, October 24, 2015

#1,648: Easy Pico de Gallo


I had to find another recipe to use up my tomatoes so I decided to give this recipe a try.  Although I like this, this isn't a recipe that I can sit and eat a ton of it at one sitting.  Maybe that's a good thing though.  I loved the crunch of the red onion in this, so I might add a little more next time...and definitely more cilantro!  But cilantro is hard to find in our area right now...or at least the store I normally shop at.  


2 large local tomatoes, diced (I used a bunch of cherry tomatoes from my garden)
1 pint red grape tomatoes, halved (I omitted...see above)
1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved (I omitted...see above)
1 large red onion, diced
1 large white onion, diced (I prefer red onion, so I omitted)
3-4 jalapeños, diced small
1 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
the juice of 4 limes
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar

sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Gently combine all ingredients and let sit in fridge for a few hours so the flavors meld.  

No comments:

Post a Comment