Sunday, October 4, 2015

#1,640: BBQ Pulled Pork Muffin Tin Tamale Cakes

I found a recipe that I thought, "ehh, I think my family might eat this...".  Then I thought, "how can I make this simpler."  Then I remembed the 5 lb container of BBQ pulled pork still in my freezer from the 4th of July that we never ate....and I decided THAT was how I was going to make this already simple recipe, even simpler!  Shockingly, my husband loved these.  Allison really enjoyed them too.  The other two littles weren't big fans, but that was not a surprise to me at all.  

2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (I omitted and used pre-cooked bbq pulled pork)
3/4 cup red enchilada sauce (I omitted)

Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, corn and eggs; stir just until moistened. Stir in 1 cup cheese. In another bowl, toss chicken with enchilada sauce.

(I used my fantastic square brownie pan from pampered chef for this recipe...no foil liners needed!)  Fill each of 24 foil-lined muffin cups with 2 tablespoons batter. Place 1 tablespoon chicken mixture into center of each; cover with about 1 tablespoon batter.

Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle tops with remaining cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment