Saturday, October 24, 2015

#1,655: No Knead Yeast Rolls

I got this recipe from a co-worker who talked about having the dough made ahead of time in the fridge.  Although I avoid yeast-type recipes (because I don't like to measure things and baking is so precise and specific!!), I figured I'd give these a try.  I will admit it was a pretty easy recipe and I just pulled off little balls of dough to rolled into biscuits instead of having to roll them out and use cookie cutters.  Matthew (3) didn't enjoy these, but the other 3 did...although they did complain that they are a little dense.  These certainly aren't light and fluffy, and the honey gives them a bit more of sweetness than I expected.  But the family said they would eat them again, so they must not be that bad.  :) 

PS...my hubby took this picture and I give him a hard time about taking bad photos.  So he sent this picture to me about 6 times...except they all look the same!  :)  

2 tbsp yeast
1/2 c warm water
1 1/2 c milk
1/2 c butter
1/4 c honey or sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
6 c whole wheat flour
2 eggs

Dissolve yeast in warm water.  Heat milk, butter, honey and salt in a saucepan until very warm.  Add with yeast to flour in a large mixing bowl.  Add eggs.  Beat well and let rise for 30-50 minutes.  Stir down.  The dough may be shaped immediately or refrigerated for several hours or days.  

Spoon dough onto a greased cookie sheet.  Let sit for 15 minutes in a warm place.  Bake at 375 minutes for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.  Brush with melted before or after baking, if desired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment