Saturday, October 24, 2015

#1,654: Hot Italian Wraps (aka Pizza-Rito)


I'm pretty sure this a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle reference to call these a "pizza-rito."  My two guys (hubby and 3 year old!) called these pizza-ritos as is a pizza in a burrito.  LOL  Only those two.  I thought my family would like these, but they loved them!  They were fighting over the last one.  I wish it was a more complicated meal, but it is really so simple it's almost embarrassing that they liked it so much.  You can customize this with any sort of pizza toppings you like, but my family prefers cheese pizza so for most of them I omitted even the pepperoni.  But if you like olives, peppers, etc., on your pizza go ahead and add this to the meat mixture!  I found this recipe in a Taste of Home cookbook. 

1 lb ground beef
1 medium green pepper, chopped (I omitted)
1/3 c chopped onion
8 oz pizza sauce
30 slices of pepperoni
1/2 tsp dried oregano
6 (10 in) flour tortillas
6 pieces of string cheese (I omitted and used shredded mozzarella instead)

In a large skillet cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.  Stir in the pizza sauce, pepperoni (or any other pizza toppings you want to add), and oregano.  

Spoon about 1/2 c beef mixture off-center on a tortilla; top with string cheese (or shredded cheese).  Fold one side of tortilla over filling and roll up from the opposite side.  Repeat.

Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.  


No comments:

Post a Comment