Saturday, October 24, 2015

#1,646: Fresh Garden Salsa

Get ready for a bunch of new recipes!  I know it's been a few weeks but parent/teacher conferences always take up so much time and I just don't have the extra time at night to blog!  But conferences were yesterday, the house is clean, meals are prepped for the week, and lessons are done for this week, so I have a few minutes to catch up.  Personally, I'd prefer to be watching a movie or something with Brian, but he's working on (i.e. playing with) Legos so it's just me tonight I guess.  :)

Earlier in the week there was a chance that it would frost at night, so I had to pull almost all of my remaining tomatoes.  Needless to say, I have a lot of tomatoes right now.  So I found this recipe that I had pinned for a fresh garden salsa made in the food processor.  It took 5 minutes to make, so it was the perfect, quick recipe for me!  I personally liked this recipe a lot.  I like blender salsa's though that are less chunky.  I loved the addition of cucumber in this recipe, and wish I had found this recipe earlier in the summer when I had a bunch of cucumbers I wasn't sure what to do with.  Must remember this one for next summer!

4 cups garden fresh tomatoes (roughly chopped if larger tomatoes)
1 bell pepper, roughly chopped
1 garden fresh cucumber, roughly chopped (I cut around the seeds so this would be less watery and seed-y)
1 Large sweet onion, peel and quartered
2 garlic cloves 
1 fresh jalapeno, roughly chopped (and de-seeded)
Juice of two fresh limes
2 handfuls fresh cilantro
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika

Add all ingredients to a large food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides then blend until well combined and smooth in consistency. Refrigerate immediately in an air tight container and allow the flavors to mingle (the longer the better).



No comments:

Post a Comment