Saturday, October 24, 2015

#1,649: Mexi-cauli Hash


This definitely isn't the prettiest recipe I've ever made or posted, and I'll be honest, I wasn't sure I was going to be a fan of this, but I actually was.  I ended up eating this over shredded cabbage or on top of some roasted broccoli for extra veggies and thought it was really good.  A little bland, but that's partially because I omitted the pinto beans AND all of the optional toppings.  That would have made it better, but less healthy for me.  

1 Can Organic Pinto Beans (I omitted)
1 lb. Grassfed Ground Beef (I used ground turkey)
1 Head Cauliflower
1 c. Organic Salsa
1/2 Medium Onion, Chopped
1-2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
3 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1-2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
3/4 c. Water

Drain and rinse pinto beans.

With box grater or food processor shred cauliflower.  In cast iron skillet, brown ground beef.
Add all ingredients to cast iron skillet and cook on medium-high for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.

Optional Garnish: sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado and/or cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment