Sunday, October 4, 2015

#1,641: Strawberry Banana Bites


Two of my three kids loved these healthy strawberry banana "cookies."  They are supposed to be bite size, but I was lazy and made them much bigger (I only could get about 9 on a small cookie sheet).  Matthew ate 3 of these when they came out of the oven (but he also turned his nose up to my dinner so he probably was legitimately hungry).  Allison requested them for breakfast tomorrow.  I'd say that was a popular recipe.  These are sweet, a little tangy and nice and chewy.  Personally the strawberries aren't my favorite part of these cookies because they are tart and mushy, but they were still good.  I added a little bit of honey to give it some added sweetness.  I would definitely make these again. 

3 ripe bananas
2 cup gluten-free oats
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
A generous pinch of nutmeg
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup slivered almonds
6 fresh strawberries
I also added about 2 tbsp honey

Preheat oven to 350°.In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork.  Add oats, applesauce, vanilla, spices, and almonds. Stir thoroughly.

Cut the tops off strawberries and chop fruit into tiny pieces.  Add to batter. Mix until well blended.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto a lined baking sheet. Cook for 20 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy with a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment