Sunday, October 4, 2015

#1,637: Copycat Starbucks Frappuccino


I have been accumulating a lot of starbucks gift cards over the last several years, and usually use them to buy one of their awesome travel mugs.  But I had a birthday coupon so I decided to go in and actually get one of their overpriced, but delicious drinks and am now totally addicted to their light frappucchinos.  Darn you Starbucks!  Fortunately the closest (of 5!) Starbucks in our town does not have a drive thru and I'm way too lazy to get out of the car, so I've been making these at home for WAY less than what they cost at Starbucks.  See the cup in the photo...I reused one from one of my trips...I really did make that one myself.  :)
I drink at least 2 of these a day now.  At least I'm getting in my calcium/dairy for the day (I use cashew milk though which only has 25 calories per cup, as well as stevia so it's much healthier too). 

1⁄2 cup brewed coffee (dark, chilled)
1 tablespoon sugar substitute
1⁄2 cup skim milk (I use cashew milk)
1 1⁄2 cups ice

Blend in a blender, then pour into a glass  and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment