Saturday, October 24, 2015

#1,653: Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer with Essential Oils


I found this recipe somewhere online and was excited to give it a try.  The original recipe I saw used canned unsweetened coconut milk, but I am in love with this coconut creamer from Trader Joe's, so I decided to use this instead.  Personally, I really liked this, but the oils gave this a slightly more bitter flavor.  I think I expected it to be sweet...not sure why.  BUT I did like this.  And I put it all in a mason jar after I blended it up so that I can just shake the jar and pour it in my coffee in the morning.  

I love that there are the added benefits of the oils I used, especially anti-viral properties during this time of year!  Anything to help keep us healthy right?!!?

2 c unsweetened coconut milk (I used coconut creamer)
1/3 c pure pumpkin
1 drop Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
1 drop Clove Essential Oil
Optional: 1 drop Ginger Essential Oil (I omitted, but added a tiny pinch of ground ginger)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract


Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.  Store in an airtight container in the fridge, and shake well before using. 

2 comments:

  1. I made this with non-fat creamer and added some artificial sweetener, which helps cut the bitterness. It's really yummy! I made my third batch of it this morning! Now I wanna try a peppermint recipe as well :) Loving learning all the DIY's I can make with my oils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interested in hearing how the peppermint creamer turns out!

      Delete