Tuesday, July 21, 2015

#1,564: Avocado Zucchini Pasta

I really believe that in order to like this recipe you have to be a huge fan of avocado (which I am) AND a huge lover of cream sauces (which I am not).  Although I liked this recipe (and I ate it with zucchini noodles instead of spaghetti), one small bowl was definitely enough for me.  I also thought it needed more texture to it so I tried adding a little bit of cheese on top...that didn't do it.  Once I added some bacon crumbles (not in the photo above) I loved this a whole lot more.  Maybe that's why it suggests the corn in this recipe (which I omitted).  Would I personally make this again? No.  Would I eat this again if someone handed it to me though?  Yes.  

12 ounces spaghetti (I used zucchini spirals/noodles)
2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed (I omitted)

(I obviously skipped this step since I didn't use spaghetti)  In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.

To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.

In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, cherry tomatoes and corn.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment