Friday, July 10, 2015

#1,548: Loaded Baked Potato Dip

When I read the reviews on this recipe I was surprised to see so many people asking where the "potato" came into this recipe/dip.  So in case it isn't obvious, the "potato" in this dip comes from your potato chip that you dip into it.  Duh, right?!?!  I also made this recipe for a a family gathering tomorrow and figured this would be a good choice because I could make it ahead of time, it should travel easily, and I don't have to heated it up.  Anything I can make in advance of a party and then just set out is a winner in my book.  Personally, I think it's really good, but I pretty much like any dip, especially ones that involve cheese and bacon.  I did think it was a little too tangy for my liking, so I added about 1/2 cup of mayo to help balance out the flavor a little bit.  Hopefully the rest of the family enjoys it as much as I do. 


16 ounces sour cream
16 slices (12-ounce package) bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions or chives
I also added about 1/2 c mayo
Serve with wavy potato chips

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving to allow flavors to meld together. Garnish with extra shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and chopped chives. Serve with your favorite potato chips. Dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment