Friday, July 10, 2015

#1,547: Dijon Shallot Vinaigrette


This was a super simple recipe that I whipped together one night for dinner.  I decided to put it all in my magic bullet and puree it to really incorporate the flavors. I was also out of shallots so I added some red onion.  I thought it was great!  I was a tiny bit sweet and a little tangy...delicious on salad!!

¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1½ teaspoons honey
1 large shallot, finely chopped (I used about 1/8 of a red onion)
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
pinch crushed red pepper flakes

Finely chop shallot and combine along with remaining ingredients in a mason jar or other glass jar with a tight fitting lid.  Shake vigorously until well mixed. Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment