Tuesday, July 7, 2015

#1,539: Sweet and Sour Cucumbers


Here's a super easy, low calorie side dish/veggie you can make that goes with just about any dish this summer.  I made this a day before we ate it, but it is definitely best eaten within 24 hours of making it so I wouldn't suggest making it too far in advance.  Unless you like soggier cucumbers (but I do not).  

2 English cucumbers, unpeeled, very thinly sliced
1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt (I omitted)
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
3 tablespoons sugar (I used splenda)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

I also added half of a thinly sliced red onion

I skipped this step: Place cucumber slices in colander. Sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Drain cucumbers well; pat dry.

Meanwhile, for dressing, stir vinegar, dill, sugar, and pepper in large bowl until sugar is dissolved.  Add cucumbers to dressing and stir to blend.  Refrigerate at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours; serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment