Friday, July 10, 2015

#1,546: Quick Pickled Crudites


I found this recipe in one of my recent issues of Real Simple magazine.  Although I liked these pickled veggies, I didn't love it.  I think it was the choice of veggies though.  The radishes, which I like in general totally overpowered this, and I was not a huge fan of the fennel.  Would I make this again, probably not.  Will I continue to eat it though, sure.    

2 c distilled white vinegar
1 tbsp kosher salt

1 tbsp sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, halved
1 tbsp caraway seeds

1 c water
2 small fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch thick wedges
2 english cucumbers, cut into sticks
3 medium carrots, cut into sticks
3 radishes, halved or quartered


Combine the first seven ingredients together in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.  Simmer for about 1 minute until the salt dissolves.  Remove from heat and let cool for about 15 minutes.

Pour over the remaining prepared ingredients in a large bowl.  Cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 2 hours.  Refrigerate in a jar for up to 1 week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment