Saturday, November 1, 2014

#1,357: Grilled Teriyaki Steak

The original recipe that I found calls for this to be made into grilled skewers.  As soon as I said that to my husband he got antsy because it involves an extra step of watching to make sure skewers don't burn or fall through the grates of the grill.  So I made his job easier by just marinating this steak whole and cooking it as one piece.  I personally don't think it mad any difference in the taste!  I didn't eat much of this because I limit my red meat, but Brian loved this and the girls ate it (as I expected), but didn't love it.  Picky 2 year old Matthew wouldn't even try it.  It was such a simple recipe to make, which I always like!  I ended up using a different cut of steak because this one was on clearance and much less expensive. I would definitely make this marinade again. 

1/3 cup bottled teriyaki sauce 
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper 
1 pound flank steak, cut across grain into 1/4-inch-thick strips 
4 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced on diagonal
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (I omitted out of laziness)

Combine teriyaki sauce, garlic and pepper in a large ziplock bag. Add steak, seal and turn several times to coat with marinade. Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature.


Preheat grill to high. Thread meat onto thin metal skewers; oil grates. Grill steak, turning once, until cooked to desired doneness (1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare). Transfer steak to a serving platter, sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment