Wednesday, November 26, 2014

#1,379: Green Fajita Chicken

I was SO scared to make this recipe for my family because they don't like anything green, let alone their chicken.  But I figured I'd give it a try and remove it off my Pinterest board regardless if they liked it or not.  Here's the shocking part though....my family LOVED this.  For the kids I had to serve it inside a tortilla (I made quesadillas) so they couldn't see the green chicken, but they still ate it all.  There was very little leftovers left for lunch the next day for Brian.  Add this one to my family favorite list!

2lbs chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 jalapenos, deseeded (I omitted for my family)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbl coconut aminos
6 cloves peeled garlic
1 tsp cumin
Juice of 1 lime
Fresh cilantro to taste (I used about ¼ c or so for my family)

Slice chicken breasts thinly, lengthwise.

Deseed the jalapenos and chop into thirds; peel the garlic. Add all ingredients aside from the chicken to a blender & liquefy. If the marinade is a little thick, thin it with a splash of water.

Put the chicken strips into a baggie and add the marinade; make sure the chicken is evenly coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.


Once the chicken is marinated, heat up a large skillet with some extra coconut oil to medium-high heat.  Add the chicken to the pan and cook until browned and cooked all the way through.  


No comments:

Post a Comment