Wednesday, November 26, 2014

#1,374: Balsamic Grilled Eggplant

You will probably notice that this recipe does not look like the eggplant was grilled very well or for very long.  It's a very cold November here, and I really didn't feel like starting up the grill again (yes I grilled earlier in the week), so I used my George Foreman grill instead.  I think it pretty much steamed it that way, but that's ok.  It took a lot longer than if I would have thrown it on the grill, and I'm sure it would have been better, but it was still good.  I actually even enjoyed the leftovers the next day too.  

2 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin  
2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped (plus more for garnish)  
1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar  
1/2 tsp table salt, divided  
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes  
1/8 tsp garlic powder  
1 medium uncooked eggplant(s), about 1 lb, sliced into twelve 1/2-in rounds  
6 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese (I omitted)

Preheat grill to medium-high.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine oil, oregano, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes and garlic powder; set aside.

Coat eggplant liberally with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill eggplant until lightly charred and tender, turning as needed, about 10 minutes.


Remove eggplant to a serving platter; evenly spoon and spread oil mixture over eggplant. Sprinkle with feta; garnish with oregano and red pepper flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment