Monday, November 10, 2014

#1,366: Muffin Tin Pizzas


I can safely say, my family loved this pizza recipe.  Although they love any pizza recipe, so this was no surprise!  I used a whole wheat crust to make this a little healthier, although the use of pork sausage probably negated any positive effect the whole wheat crust had.  LOL.  Although my family loved this, it got a little soggy on the bottom of the cooked muffins b/c of the grease of the pork sausage. No one really seemed to mind though.  The girls helped me make this and if/when I eat pizza again, I will be filling mine with a ton of veggies instead of the meat.  Great, easy, kid-friendly recipe though!

1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated thin pizza crust
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Any desired pizza toppings such as:
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
16 slices pepperoni, halved
I used bulk pork sausage and pepperoni for my crew.

Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients.

Unroll pizza crust; cut into 16 squares. Press squares onto bottom and up sides of 16 ungreased muffin cups, allowing corners to hang over edge. (Mine didn't hang over the edge, but they still came out ok).

Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce mixture into each cup. Top with cheese, mushrooms, broccoli and pepperoni. Bake 10-12 or until crust is golden brown. Serve remaining sauce mixture, warmed if desired, with pizzas. Yield: 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment