Saturday, November 29, 2014

#1,380: Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!  In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday and abundance of pumpkin, here is the first of several pumpkin themed recipes/posts.  :)  This was a very simple recipe to throw together in the crockpot before heading to bed.  However, after trying several times to enjoy oatmeal made overnight in the crockpot, I think I've decided it is not a recipe for me.  This was way too mushy for my liking.  I did however, enjoy the flavor/taste of it, so I think I might add some pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and walnuts to my oatmeal next time...just not make it in the crockpot!


2 cups water
2 1/2 cups milk (I used unsweetened chocolate almond milk)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1 cup steel cut oats (I used 2 cups)
I also added about 1 tbsp organic maple syrup and 3 oz raisins


Place all the ingredients in the crock pot and stir to combine.  Cover and cook on low for 5-9 hours (I cooked mine for about 4 hours on high, then it switched to a warm setting for about 3 hours). 

No comments:

Post a Comment