Thursday, November 13, 2014

#1,368: Easy Chocolate Banana Oat Bars



There are 2 reasons I made this recipe: 1. I had bananas that were over-ripe.  2.  I had so many boxes of raisins that I wanted to use up!  So this was the perfect recipe to make to use those leftover ingredients.  I made one change to this recipe though, which was to add chocolate chips to it.  That was a GREAT idea.  I personally loved this recipe.  My kids however did not!  They wouldn't even barely try these bars.  These bars froze well and are an easy breakfast to pull out of the freezer and take to school or work!  I'm sad my kids weren't more impressed by these!

2 cups quick oats (not instant)
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (I omitted but next time I will definitely add this in)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 bananas, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Press dough in a 9"X 9" baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack. When cool, slice into squares or bars and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment