Saturday, November 1, 2014

Pinterest Success: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (TMNT) Apples

I LOVE when I see something cute on Pinterest, and then make it myself and it comes out just as cute!  Now, don't get me wrong, it's not perfect because as you can see from the photo above, they are missing their mouths (except for the one top middle).  That's because I didn't want to draw with a Sharpie on all of the apples.  I debated about trying to find/buy an edible black marker, but I figured it would wipe/smear off and I didn't want to spend money on something that wouldn't be use-able.  So for the sake of cuteness of this photo, I drew on one of them.  The rest are ready to eat without the mouths!

For this one, I just cut crepe paper in half (yes we are missing a color (blue, Leo) and wrapped it around the apple and secured it with tape on the back.  I tried tying the crepe paper, but it kept sliding down.  Tape seemed to work the best.  Then I cut out and glued on the eyes, and drew the eyeballs with a sharpie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment