Saturday, November 1, 2014

#1,358: Skinny Rosemary Chicken and Brown Rice

Growing up my mom made a baked chicken and rice and I could never get enough of the rice under the chicken.  I loved when she made it and often picked around the chicken.  This recipe reminded me of her chicken and rice recipe, except the flavor was different with the addition of the rosemary garlic seasoning.  (Which by the way, a great way to use up your seasoning is to sprinkle it over roasted broccoli!  Yum!).  This was VERY simple to make and my kids enjoyed the chicken.  They didn't love the rice part of this dish, but it didn't surprise me with this crew.  I however would have loved to just eat the rice and skip the chicken (not that it was bad, I just love rice!).  I would make this again for sure. 

3 — 8 oz large chicken breasts, uncooked
10 ¾ oz can Campbell's® Cream of Chicken Soup (98% fat free)
1½ cup water
1 cup instant brown rice
2 cups frozen vegetables (I omitted only because I knew my family would pick it out)
1½ tsp rosemary garlic blend seasoning, set aside ½ tsp
1 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp reduced-fat Parmesan cheese shredded
Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl mix together water, cream of chicken soup, brown rice, and frozen vegetables. Stir in 1 tsp rosemary garlic blend to the rice and vegetables. Stir in 1 tsp onion powder to the rice and vegetables.

Transfer rice and vegetables mixture to a shallow baking dish (9x13). Lay chicken on top of rice and vegetables. Sprinkle remaining ½ tsp Rosemary Garlic blend over chicken.
Bake for 30 minutes. 

Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of chicken and return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven, serve immediately.

According to the original recipe, this serves 6 for 5 weight watchers plus points per serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment