Monday, November 10, 2014

#1,365: Roasted Carrots and Mushrooms with Rosemary (or Thyme)


Mushrooms were on sale at the grocery store this week so my husband picked me up a package (so sweet...love that he buys veggies for me!).  Anyhow, I decided to try this recipe with the mushrooms since I'm obsessed with roasted carrots right now!  I loved, loved, loved this recipe!  It was seriously SO good.  I will definitely be making this again.  

8-10 oz. carrots (about 4-5), peeled and cut into smaller pieces
8 oz sliced mushrooms 
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. dried thyme or 1 T chopped fresh thyme leaves (I used rosemary garlic blend seasoning)
salt and pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 450F.

(I roasted everything together at one time and loved it.  If you like your mushrooms a little less done though, follow the recipe as directed). Toss carrots with 1 T olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Spread on large roasting pan (it should be big enough that the carrots are in a single layer). Roast carrots 15 minutes.

While carrots are roasting, wash mushrooms and spin dry or dry with paper towels. Slice mushrooms into even slices, slightly thicker than carrots. Using the same bowl as you tossed the carrots in, toss mushrooms with 1 T of olive oil.


Remove carrots from oven, stir, add mushrooms and roast 10-15 minutes more. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment