Monday, November 10, 2014

#1,364: Burrito Bake

I was a tiny bit nervous about making this for my family because of the refried beans in the Bisquick mix.  I thought I might be pushing my luck with that one with my crew.

Then I realized I never bought Bisquick!  So I had to Google a homemade recipe for it.  It was so simple to make!!

Overall my family thought this was just ok.  I did too.  Brian enjoyed it and even took the leftovers for lunch, but the girls weren't big fans.  I thought the crust was too soft with the addition of the beans.  If I make this again, I'll probably do a straight Bisquick crust, and then add the beans to the taco meat mixture.  If you don't add the beans to the Bisquick, you'll have to double the amount you need for a 9x13 pan...or make it in an 8x8 pan instead.  1 cup of Bisquick won't get you very far without the beans.     

1 lb Lean Ground Beef
1 package Taco Seasoning Mix
10 ounce can Fat Free Refried Beans
1 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick
1/4 cup Water
1 cup Shredded, 2% Mexican Cheese 
1 cup Shredded, Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese


Brown ground beef and drain, add taco seasoning and let simmer. Mix Bisquick, water and refried beans in a small bowl. Place been mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle taco meat on top, then add both cheeses. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment