Sunday, December 1, 2013

#1,122: Paleo Broccoli Soup


After Thanksgiving, I had a TON of leftover broccoli, so I made a broccoli salad, some roasted broccoli and this broccoli soup with it.  I'm not a huge broccoli soup fan so I wasn't sure I was going to love this recipe, but I really, really do!  I combined a couple of different recipes that I found online to suit the ingredients I had on hand at home.  Personally this would be served even better in a bread bowl, but that's not Paleo!  :)

1 large head of broccoli, chopped
1 apple, diced
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
4 cups of organic vegetable broth
2-3 shakes of crushed red pepper
1 can of coconut milk
1 tsp (or to taste) of seasoned salt
pepper, to taste
1 tbsp. coconut oil

Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan.  Add in the onion, carrot and broccoli and sautee over medium heat for about 6 minutes.  Add the apple and broth and bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the carrots and broccoli are tender.  Puree in a blender or with an immersion blender.  Add in the crushed red pepper, coconut milk, seasoned salt and pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment