Monday, December 30, 2013

#1,140: Pumpkin Ginger Soup

Although this soup was good as is, it was even better with some diced ham and homemade croutons added on top (obviously not in the photo...or paleo/gluten friendly).  I got a pie pumpkin in my farmer's market bundle and I wanted to use it to make some soup after Christmas.  I needed to eat a little healthy after all.  This was ridiculously easy to make and I pretty much had all of the ingredients on hand.  I would definitely make this again, although I would continue to add in some crumbled meat of some sort like ham or pork sausage to give it some texture.

3 cups roasted pumpkin
2 cups chicken stock
¾ cup coconut milk
¼ teaspoon stevia (I omitted)
2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
 
In a blender, combine pumpkin puree, chicken stock and coconut milk and process on high until smooth.  Blend in stevia, lemon juice and ginger.  Place mixture in a pot and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment