Monday, December 30, 2013

#1,145: All Day Frittata


I think the pictures I take for recipes are getting worse...do you know why?  Because I'm getting busier and busier and I just don't have time to take a great photo.  Sorry.  :(  This recipe was supposed to be made with ground pork sausage, and I KNOW I bought some but I cannot find it anywhere.  I wonder if I left it in a bag at the grocery store.  Don't you hate when you do that?!!?  Anyhow, I was in the middle of making this recipe when I realized it, so I decided to use some bacon instead.  This is very good.  A little too soft and sweet for my liking, but still very good and I like the crunch of the bacon in this dish.  I am not a super lover of eggs so I cut the amount used in half so it wouldn't be so egg-y, but if you like eggs, this might be the perfect dish for you. 
 
1 Sweet Potato, shredded
1 small Yellow Onion
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 lb Breakfast Sausage or Chorizo
(I used bacon instead)
12 Eggs (I used 6 brown eggs)

Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9×13 glass baking dish.  Place your shredded sweet potatoes in the bottom of the dish. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the onions until they are translucent.  Add the sausage to the pan with the onions and cook all the way through, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon as it browns. Evenly pour the sausage mixture into the baking dish over the sweet potatoes.

Whisk the eggs and then evenly pour them on top of the sausage. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes more. Serve with your favorite salsa and guacamole if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment