Monday, December 23, 2013

#1,138: Salami and Cheese Panini


I have just about every single kitchen gadget imaginable in my house, however I have never had a panini press.  It was one of those "I really want one, but can't justify getting it" purchases.  Then Kohl's had a fantastic pre-black Friday deal and I got one for $3.  Now, I could justify getting it! Since I opened it from the kids this morning I knew I had to run back to the store (for the 10th time) and get ingredients to make a sandwich.  Apparently this is the only panini recipe I have on my Pinterest boards.  That's okay though because it was delicious.  I love salami though...a little too much. 

I will totally be making this recipe again with my new panini maker!  :) Thanks kids!

8 slice(s) rye bread
4 teaspoon(s) sharp, hot mustard (I used Dijon)
1/2 head(s) (small) radicchio, thinly sliced
1/2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
1/4 pound(s) hard salami, thinly sliced
1/2 pound(s) Jarlsberg cheese, thinly sliced (I used baby swiss)
4 teaspoon(s) butter, melted

Spread 4 slices of bread with mustard. Toss the radicchio with the vinegar, place on top of the mustard-spread slices of bread. Layer each sandwich with 3 slices of salami and 3 slices of cheese. Top with the remaining bread. Brush both sides of the sandwich with butter. Grill in a panini press until cheese is melted -- about 4 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment