Sunday, December 22, 2013

#1,135: Slow Cooked Chili Steak Fajitas


Well this was a mixed review recipe, and one that I was sure my husband would like, but surprisingly, the kids and I enjoyed it more.  I knew the kids wouldn't eat this if they could see the steak filling, so I made them quesadillas instead and they loved it.  I'll admit, I was a little surprised they did.  I personally would make this again, and Brian would eat it again, but he says it wasn't his favorite Mexican dish.  It sure was easy though!!

1 lb beef flank steak, sliced into very thin
1 large medium onion, sliced into thin strips
2/3 cup salsa
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos
2 cloves of garlic, minced
4 teaspoons taco seasoning
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 bell peppers, sliced into strips

Place the onion and the steak in the bottom of the slow cooker. Mix the salsa, jalapenos, lime juice, taco seasoning, garlic and salt in a small bowl and then pour over the steak and onions in the crockpot. Toss gently to coat. Cook at the lowest setting for 6-10 hours*.

Once the meat is cooked and tender, add the bell peppers and cook another 30-60 minutes, until softened to your preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment