Monday, December 30, 2013

#1,139: Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon


I've only had brussel sprouts one other time and I hated them.  I never thought I would eat them again willingly, until I got 2 bags of them in my farmer's market bag of goodies.  So I knew if I was going to make an attempt at eating them again, I better eat them with bacon.  This recipe was super appealing, and really, really easy to make.  And I'm happy to report, I loved them cooked this way!  Next time I would probably cook the bacon separately though because it would have gotten a lot crispier, but regardless it was still good. 

1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
2-3 tablespoons melted ghee or fat of choice
Kosher salt and pepper
4 bacon slices, diced
Aged balsamic vinegar

Preheat your oven to 400°F. Trim the ends and any old outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts.  Cut the sprouts in half and toss them with melted fat of choice, salt, and pepper. Dump them on a foil lined baking sheet, making sure to keep everything in one layer. Sprinkle the diced bacon over everything and bake for 30-35 minutes tossing occasionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment