Saturday, December 7, 2013

#1,125: Oven Fried Chicken with Bagel Chips

Technically, this is not the actual name of this recipe.  I added the "with bagel chips" part because I know when I go to look for this recipe again, that's what I'm going to search for.  So essentially, I'm helping myself out.  I thought I posted this recipe several weeks ago but apparently I did not.  And I know I took a picture of this one, but I cannot find it anywhere.  I need to stop taking pictures on my phone, the I-pad AND my camera. 

My family really liked this recipe.  Allison thought it tasted a lot like her favorite corn flake chicken, but I liked it because it was a little crispier since the bagel chips don't get soggy.  The only downfall to this recipe is that you don't use all of the bagel chips so you end up snacking on the rest as you cook!

I will definitely make this again...and next time I do make this, I'm going to crush the leftover bagel chips and Crispex and stick it in the freezer so my breading is already done for me!!  Also, we could really taste the mustard in this.  It could be because I don't measure and probably used a lot more than I was supposed to.  I thought my family would say they did not like it because of that, but they all enjoyed it!


1 1/3 cups rice-corn crispy cereal, (recommended: Crispex)
2 1/4 cups broken bagel chips
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4 bone-in, skinless chicken pieces (about 6 ounces each)
 
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Set a rack on a foil lined baking sheet. Spray the rack generously with cooking spray.
Finely grind the cereal and toasts together in a food processor. Transfer crumbs to a large gallon size plastic bag. Add the oil, salt, cayenne, paprika, and ground pepper and toss to mix thoroughly. Whisk the light mayonnaise and Dijon mustard together in a medium shallow bowl. Add chicken to mayonnaise and turn to coat all the pieces evenly. Drop the chicken into the plastic bag, seal and shake until each piece is evenly coated. Place coated pieces on the prepared rack. Spray the chicken pieces evenly with cooking spray, and bake until the coating crisps and browns and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the pieces registers 160 degrees F, 35 to 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment