Monday, May 27, 2013

#945: Stuffed Pizza Muffins


This recipe looked like the perfect make ahead meal to serve my pizza loving family for lunch.  My family does not like pepperoni, so I decided to make this with ground pork sausage instead.  As you can see from the photo below I had a helper in the kitchen.  This is my snacking girl though so I had to keep telling her to stop eating the sausage.  :) 

We all really, really enjoyed these.  They are a perfect, lunch, snack or appetizer.  They were so easy to make, I will definitely be making these again and again. 


1 pkg Store-Bought Pizza Dough
1/2 Jar Pizza Sauce
1 c. Mini Pepperonis, Divided (I used cooked, ground pork sausage) 
1 c. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided


Preheat oven according to pizza dough’s directions.  Begin by rolling out the pizza dough flat. Spread the pizza sauce over the dough, leaving 1 inch around the edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 c. mini pepperonis and 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella. Cut the dough in half.  Cut into 1 inch pieces and place in a greased muffin pan with the swirled side up.  Bake according to your pizza dough’s directions checking after about 12 minutes. When tops begin to brown, remove from oven.  Use a knife to separate from the pan and cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment