Saturday, May 25, 2013

#944: Grilled Beef Tenderloin Skirt Steak


I could not find "skirt steak" in the grocery store, so I ended up buying tip steak instead.  I don't know the difference between any cuts of meat so hopefully it was pretty close.  The recipe below says to cut the beef so it's long and flat, but I didn't need to do that with the tip steak.  It was already cut into 2 nice sized, thin pieces.  I still pounded it out a little bit to make it a little thinner and then I marinated the meat for about 6 hours in the marinade/mixture. 

This was delicious.  The girls were very leery about this but both ended up eating it and Allison asked for seconds.  I will definitely be making this again.


1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound beef tenderloin
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Heat a gas grill to medium-high or the coals in a charcoal grill to medium-hot.  In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, brown sugar, thyme, oregano and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt.  Cut beef in a circular motion so it becomes a long flat strip of steak 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Pound slightly.  Brush beef with balsamic mixture and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Grill 2 minutes per side for medium-rare.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment