Friday, May 24, 2013

#939: Butter Bean and Tuna Salad


I was a little bit scared of this recipe.  Although it looked and sounded delicious, I like my tuna with mayo in it.  This wasn't a typical "tuna salad" recipe.  But, I figured I'd give it a try and worse case, I'd just pick around the tuna.  I loved this recipe.  I made it twice and pretty much ate it all week.  It was delicious and it lasted quite a while in the fridge too.  It's a great make ahead meal!!  I will definitely make this again.

2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. olive oil
14 oz butter beans, drained and rinsed

6 oz tuna (in water or oil)
1/4 small red onion, finely diced
handful of mixed salad leaves (I used spinach)


Combine lemon juice & olive oil in a salad bowl and season.
Drain beans and rinse well under the hot water tap. Add beans to the dressing. Flake tuna into large chunks on top of the beans. Add onion and leaves and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment