Saturday, May 25, 2013

#942: Carrot Muffins


My goal today was to make some healthy muffins for my bread loving little man, to have in the freezer as extras.  Matthew loves to sit and watch me cook on the counter and could barely keep his hands away from the batter of this muffin.  I may have given him a taste of it, which he loved, so he wouldn't stop eating it.  I apologize for the picture of these muffins. 

I totally forgot about them in the oven and over cooked them A LOT.  They are a little dense and are definitely best with a little butter on them, but overall I liked these.  And more importantly, Matthew liked them too.  The girls however did not like these at all.  I think it's because they were very well done.  I will definitely make these again...and keep an eye on them! 

3/4 cup whole wheat flour (I used white flour)
1/2 cup white flour

2/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch fine salt
2 eggs (I used egg substitute)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used a mixture of pear baby food and vegetable oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of grated carrots (3-4 medium carrots)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Whisk oil, eggs, and vanilla together in a medium bowl, then add to dry mixture.  Stir until just combined, then add carrots & stir until incorporated. 

Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and bake at 350 for 28-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment