Sunday, May 12, 2013

#936: Sweet Corn, Bacon and Scallion Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad.


Man that is a mouthful of a recipe title.  This recipe is deserving of every descriptive word the title has in there.  Holy hell I loved this chicken salad.  Oh my goodness it is good.  Okay it maybe comes to a super close second to the avocado chicken salad I made many recipes ago, but this is good on a whole different level.  It has BACON in it.  I've made this twice already.  I'm so looking forward to lunch tomorrow too.  This would be good on a croissant, soft roll, hard roll, flatbread (which I ate it on), crackers, or just with a  fork.  Doesn't matter how you like your chicken salad, any way to eat it is good.  Now I did make one major change...it calls for real, cooked, shredded chicken.  I didn't have time for that.  So I used the canned, shredded chicken instead.  I loved it.  

I also cut down on the amount of yogurt, mayo and mustard only because I don't like my chicken super mayo-y/saucy.  Make it for how you like it...I did. 

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I used a 5 oz (I think!) can of shredded chicken)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
2/3 cup plain greek yogurt (I used WAY less, maybe a heaping tablespoon or so.  Just add to taste)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 cup cooked sweet corn kernels
4 bacon slices, fried and crumbled
4 green onions, sliced
2 tablespoons chives
crackers/toast/pitas for serving

Add shredded chicken to a large bowl and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Add yogurt, mayo and mustard, tossing well to coat, then fold in the corn, bacon, chives green onions. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment