Friday, May 24, 2013

#938: Warm Pea and Tahini Salad


I love tahini paste.  I love the sweetness and nuttiness of it.  I also love frozen peas, so I was sure I was going to love this recipe.  Wrong.  I'm 99.9% sure it was the mint that ruined this dish.  I debated about trying it again just without the mint, but it wasn't worth possibly ruining another bowl of peas and almonds.  Blech!

Serves 2:
4 handfuls of frozen peas
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
small bunch of mint leaves chopped
2 handfuls of almonds (I roughly chopped mine so it would be easier to eat)
3-4 tbsp. tahini paste

Place peas in a bowl and cover with boiling water and stand for 2-3 minutes or until peas are defrosted and bright green.
Drain peas and pat dry with paper towel. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil. Squeeze over lemon. Toss in mint and almonds. Serve with tahini spooned on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment