Sunday, May 12, 2013

#934: Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breasts

See this photo (at left)?  This is NOT my photo.  This is a picture of the meal I was inspired to make.  It looks delicious doesn't it?  This recipe was found online at Food.com and the photo is by "Marq" from CajunDesigns. 
Now see this photo (at right)? Yes, that's my chicken.  Same recipe with one minor (in my opinion) change.  But a totally different looking chicken.  :( 

Don't get me wrong, I really liked my chicken.  It really was super moist and my family enjoyed it immensely.  But it sure didn't come out the same.  So what was my change in ingredients?  Mayo.  That's right, the photo on top is slathered in mayo.  My husband would have never eaten it that way and I was trying to make it healthier.  So I used yogurt instead.  I was going to use Greek yogurt but I was afraid I was pushing it with my husband.  I was sure when I served this he was going to scrape all of the "goop" off of it
before he would eat it, but he didn't.  It was good.  Really good.  I'm a little intrigued to make this again but actually use Mayo to see if it truly makes that much of a difference.  I'm starting to wonder if it would.  Would I make this again, definitely.  Would I make it with mayo?  Probably not.  Who needs that extra fat and calories??  Maybe I'll put it on one piece and give that one to Chloe...she could use the calories, but not the rest of us! 
 
4 boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup mayonnaise  (I used plain non-fat yogurt)                                                 
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese                                                   
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt                            
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper                            
1 teaspoon garlic powder           

Mix mayonnaise, cheese and seasonings.  Spread mixture over chicken breasts and place in baking dish.  Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment