Friday, May 24, 2013

#937: Baked Ranch Crackers


Sometimes I find a recipe and the name is so stupid, I just have to change it.  Here's another one of those recipes.  I'll be happy to give credit to the original website, so the real name is Crack-tastic Crackers.  DUMB.  So these are now called Baked Ranch Crackers. Unoriginal but not as stupid.

These are ridiculously easy to make and you can pretty much make them with any crackers you like and/or any that you have on hand.  If you are short on time you don't have to bake these, but I agree with the original author, it gives them a good flavor.  Also, you can stick these in the freezer until ready to eat if you make them ahead of time! 

 
1 – 1 1/4 cup canola oil (I used 1/2 c of olive oil.  I thought it was PLENTY)
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
2-3 Tbs. red pepper flakes
4 sleeves of Saltine crackers (I used 1 package of oyster crackers and 1 box of cheddar crackers)
 
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl for a good long while (5-10 minutes), to really get the crackers coated.
 
Lay them out on a cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes, stirring them around about halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment