Sunday, August 5, 2012

#636: Do-Ahead Summer Pasta Salad


I made this recipe for the girls and I to eat for lunch.  I didn't think they would be fans of this recipe and I was correct.  Too many veggies in this and they didn't like the cheese.  It didn't stop me from making them try it though!

Unfortunately neither girl enjoyed this (nor would eat much of it) and I thought it was bland and just ok.  There are too many other really good pasta salads out there so I won't be making this one again.  It wasn't bad, just not great.


Dressing:
3 tablespoons canola or olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salad
1 c uncooked penne pasta (I used tri-color rotini)
10 oz frozen soybeans (I substituted corn b/c I was out of edamame) :(
2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 medium cucumber, coarsely chopped
2 small yellow bell peppers, coarsely chopped
3 oz cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
In small bowl, beat all dressing ingredients with wire whisk until well mixed.
Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water; drain.
Meanwhile, cook soybeans as directed on package. Rinse with cold water; drain.
In large bowl, toss pasta, soybeans, remaining salad ingredients and dressing. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment