Sunday, August 26, 2012

#656: Old-Fashioned Hamburgers


I was looking for an almost-end-of-summer grilling recipe and decided to make these hamburgers for my family for dinner.  I am not a good hamburger maker.  My burgers usually end up super dry....but that's probably because I have to eat mine totally and completely well done. 

This recipe claims it makes 2 burgers with 1 lb of meat.  My family doesn't each need to have 1/2 lb burgers so we got 5 smaller burgers out of this recipe. 

These were fantastic.  They fell apart a little bit, but my family didn't mind one bit and we all enjoyed it!  Even Chloe and Allison who are not particularly fond of burgers.  Allison even asked if we could have it again next weekend.  These were so moist!  Loved them!

1 lb ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 egg
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp deli mustard
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp butter
Hamburger buns
Desired toppings such as lettuce, tomato, avocado, ketchup, mustard, pickles, sliced cheese, etc.

Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Dump all the burger ingredients in a big bowl and use the tines of a fork to mix it. Don’t moosh it all together, just mix it with the fork. Do not overmix.
Divide the meat in half (or in our case fifths) and form each half (fifth) into a ball. Push 1/2 a tbsp of butter (I used about 1/4 of tsp for each of ours) into the center of each ball and form the ball into a patty. The butter makes it extra moist and gives it a touch more flavor.
Cook each burger according to your desired pinkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment